Manicures are the birthright of every woman! In support of this, NailArtMag brings you 4 types of manicures that every woman must absolutely know. We also have some cool designs for every type including those women with short nails!
Did You Know?
The word “manicure” literally means care for hands. It comes from the Latin words, “manus” which means hands, and “cura” which means care.
Manicures! Every woman loves to pamper herself with them. Whether it is at a salon or at home, manicures are an integral part of our beauty routine. It is a process in which the nail is cleaned, moisturized, cut, and shaped. Initially, a base coat is applied on the nail, after which two coats of color are applied. It is topped with a top coat, and your manicure is done. Well, this is just a basic manicure, but why go for a normal one, when you have so many cooler options?
In case you are looking for something different, look no further. We present before you four different types of manicures that every woman should know. Check them out along with some very stylish designs for each type. And who said you cannot have a cool manicure if you have short nails? If your real nails are short or brittle, you can choose from the artificial nails. For all the lovely ladies with short nails, we have some rather amazing designs you should definitely have a look at. So, start checking out the lovely manicure designs we have put up for you, pronto!
What is it?
Who doesn’t love a classic French manicure? There are some who may find it to be a bit mundane, but it still has the distinction of being the most popular manicure. It looks elegant, and instantly gives a sophisticated look. It goes with any outfit and compliments any occasion.
- First, apply a transparent base coat to the nail. Then, paint the tips are with a stark white color.
- Once they have dried, apply a coat of transparent nail polish on top.
- Although white is used in conventional French manicure, you can experiment with different shades for a stylish look.
- Instead of going for plain white, jazz up your French manicure with some bright colorful shades. Take a look at the images below for some ideas.
What is it?
American manicure is very similar to the French one, except it looks more natural. It is perfect if you want a polished look without being too showy. Mostly pale colors or nudes are used. The objective of an American manicure is beautiful nails, without looking fancied or flashy.
- Apply a transparent base coat to the nail. Then, color the tips with an ivory shade.
- Once the nail has dried properly, apply a nude shade on the entire nail.
- Now apply a transparent top coat, and your American manicure is done!
- A major difference between American and French manicure is the color of the tips. American ones are not very distinct or contrasting like the French ones.
What is it?
If you have very short or brittle nails, you can opt for a gel manicure. They look very sleek and stylish, and are basically a type of artificial nails. You can do a gel manicure at home as the nails are cured under UV light. Gel manicures are becoming very popular as they stay for a long time and do not chip easily.
- First your real nails are cleaned and cut properly.
- Then, the chemical gel is applied to create artificial nails.
- Your nails are then cured under UV or LED light.
- Once your nails have properly dried, you can paint them with colors and designs of your choice.
- Voila! Your glossy gel nails are ready to flaunt.
What is it?
Acrylic nails are also artificial nails like gel nails. Ready-made acrylic nails are attached to the natural nails, or nails are made from acrylic mixture. You can choose from a variety of nail arts and designs for this manicure.
- First a tip is attached to your nail. You can trim and shape it according to your requirements.
- Then, a mixture of acrylic powder and liquid is applied to the nail. It is spread very quickly as it hardens immediately.
- Now, you paint colors and designs of your choice. These nails are removed using acetone.
Gel or Acrylic?
- If you don’t mind spending a little extra for glossy nails, then go for a gel manicure. It is odorless and totally worth the money as it stays for a longer time than acrylic nails.
- Although acrylic nails are cheaper, they will come off after a few days, which will eventually cost you more anyway.
- A gel manicure can only be done by an expert professional. Even the touch-ups cannot be done at home, whereas you can apply acrylic nails at home.
- You can choose a manicure depending on how much you want to spend, along with considering the time constraints. Remember, any manicure will look good only if your nails are healthy and well-moisturized.
No need to sulk if you have short nails ladies! Check out the above nail designs made exclusively for you! You will absolutely love them, and now can flaunt your nails in style too.
Any manicure looks good if done properly. Manicure kits are easily available, so you can try them at home as well. Experiment, pamper yourself, have fun, and go crazy!