Chipped, unkempt, and nails of irregular lengths are certainly a big turn off for many. Such nails make the hands look untidy and not presentable. At times like these, UV gel nails can come to your rescue as they can enhance the look of your nails and hands within few minutes.
Anybody who has a problem of maintaining presentable and naturally long nails, can opt for these nails. People who have naturally shorter, weak, ill shaped, or brittle nails, too, can opt for gel nails to improve the appearance of their nails that ultimately results in heightening the overall look of the hands.
UV nails are a type of artificial nails. As the name suggests, this type of nail art involves curing an artificial gel nail on the original one with the help of ultra violate light. If you do not want to use UV light, you can go for no-light gel nails, too. No-light gels nails are cured with a special gel activator that is sprayed or brushed onto the nails.
Some other no-light nails are also cured by carefully dipping the fingers in a bowl of plain and clean water. Apart from the process of curing, there is no difference in the UV light and no-light gel nails. These are essentially made from combining pre-mixed polymers and monomers. Here are some of the basic pros and cons of UV gel nails.
- Gel nail mixtures and chemicals are odorless.
- During the application, very less filing is needed and hence they are feasible.
- The curing time of gel nails is faster compared to other artificial nail types.
- Gel nails look more natural than other cosmetic nails.
- Gel nails also add the additional gloss and strength to natural nails.
- Gel nails have to be applied by an expert manicurist.
- You cannot fix broken gel nails at home.
- They are less durable compared to acrylic nails.
- They need to be filed often to maintain the shape.
- Nail polish does not stick to the gel nails very well.
How to Apply
- First, your hands are washed thoroughly with clean water and then dried.
- Now, the manicurist applies the chemical gel on your natural nails.
Now let's take a look at the process of removing gel nails.
- You will need a medium grit nail file, UV gel nail remover, small glass or a bowl, towel, nail buffer, and nail conditioning oil.
- Start with filing the gel nail carefully so that you do not damage the original nail underneath.
- Pour the warm UV gel nail remover in the glass or bowl to soak your fingers.
- Soak your fingers till the gel softens.
- Now gently scrap the gel away keeping your fingers inside the remover itself.
- Dry your hands with a towel.
- Now, make your nails smooth using a buffer.
- Lastly, apply some nail conditioning oil that will nurture your natural nails.
UV gel nails make your nails look longer and hence make your hands look slender and beautiful. So, go ahead and treat your nails with a unique gel nail spa manicure and enjoy the admiration!