Removal of solar nails can be done on your own, provided you know the right methods. Read on to know more about the same.
Artificial nails have been in vogue for quite sometime. In fact, the history of artificial nails has been traced back to the period of ancient Egyptians and Greeks. Today, we have artificial nails in different types, like acrylic nails, gel nails, silk nail wraps and solar nails. Among them, solar nails are fast getting popular and are being widely used. It is always better to apply such artificial nails from a reputed nail salon, but, you can remove solar nails on your own.
What are Solar Nails
Solar nails are a type of acrylic nails only, but, it is said that the main difference between them lies in terms of quality. Solar nails are said to be of a slightly higher quality, as compared to regular acrylic ones. In fact, solar nails are a specific brand of acrylic nails manufactured by Creative Nail Design Inc. If you are a person who likes French manicure, then, solar nails will be ideal for you. These artificial acrylic nails come in pink (or natural skin color) and white colors, as in case of French manicure.
Solar nails are applied in two parts – the white portion at the tip of the nails, followed by the pink acrylic part on the nail beds. Solar nails are found to have more sheen than regular acrylic nails. These artificial nails do not turn yellow, if exposed to sun. Even though, they need refilling, it has to be done once in every three months only. However, solar nails are expensive and is better to get them done from a reputed nail salon. Solar nail removal can be done at home, provided you know the right methods. Given below are a couple of ways to remove solar nails safely.
Removing Solar Nails at Home
- First of all, get some acetone and cotton balls. You may either use the regular nail paint remover or acetone sold in beauty supply stores.
- Pour acetone in a metal or glass bowl (no plastic bowls), so that you can dip your fingernails in it.
- Apply some petroleum jelly on the fingertips, except the nails. The whole fingertip has to be covered so that your skin does not get in touch with acetone.
- Keep the fingertips immersed in acetone for at least 10-20 minutes. Once you take them out, gently remove the top layers of the solar nails with a cuticle pusher as well as a nail file.
- Repeat this process till the solar nails are removed as a whole. Once done, rinse the palms with soap and lukewarm water and apply moisturizer generously. Don’t forget to buff the nails, after rinsing.
- Another method is to soak cotton balls in acetone and place them on the nails. Then cover the fingertips along with the cotton balls, using aluminum foil.
- Now, cover the whole palm with a towel and wrap it with a heating pad. Make sure that the heating pad is on a low setting.
- After 15 minutes, take out your palm from the heating pad and gently remove the foil, along with the cotton ball. If the solar nails are not removed completely, repeat the procedure.
Though, it is very easy, it must be done gently and carefully, so as to prevent any damage to the natural nail. These are some of the easy ways to remove solar nails at home. It has been observed that if the solar nails are of good quality, then they can be removed easily (it takes not more than half an hour). However, low-grade products may take more time to get removed. But, if you have sufficient time to visit the nail salon, then it is always advisable to get it done with the help of professional nail artists.